Raj obtained a law degree from the University of British Columbia in 2003. He was called to the Bar of British Columbia in May of 2004. For over 10 years he was a partner at a litigation firm in Burnaby. In 2014 he founded Basra Law Group. Raj is an experienced trial lawyer, having conducted numerous trials as a criminal defence lawyer. His trial work has included several high-profile murder and drug cases around the province. He has also been retained to defend clients charged with offences in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Northwest Territories. His trial work has included both judge alone and jury trials as well as appeals to the British Columbia Court of Appeal. Raj understands that being charged with a criminal offence can have a serious impact on a person’s life. He takes every case seriously and he will work hard to achieve the best possible outcome for the clients.
- Called to the Bar of British Columbia, 2004
- Formerly called to the Bar of Northwest Territories, 2005
- Current member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Elected external Vice-President of the UBC Law Students Association, 2002 – 2003
- Recipient of the President’s Entrance Scholarship – Simon Fraser University